The first few weeks with a little one can be extremely tiring. You would have thought that someone so small shoudn't be so much work? Surprisingly, it is. Your partner can be of immense help in these days and once you're back on your feet and energetic once again, you can take charge of the house as before:
- Try and take a few days off (paternity leave or otherwise)
- Be firm with relatives and friends if you are too tired to entertain them (the whole world will want to see the little one)
- Help you with the chores as you will be exhausted for the first few days
- If you're breastfeeding, he can still get involved by helping you change the baby's nappies or give him a bath
- If you're bottlefeeding, he can help sterilise the bottles, prepare the feeds and feed the baby
- Clicking a whole lot of pictures for the album!