Bottlefeeding: After every feed, rinse
out the bottles and teats in water and keep aside till you
are ready for a batch cleaning.
Breastfeeding: Rinse out the pump, breast shells and shields in water after use and keep aside.
- Take a bowl or block the wash basin and fill it with warm soapy water using ordinary washing up liquid
- Put all the rinsed out equipment (from step1) in it
- Scrub all the bottles and teats thoroughly with a bottle and teat brush
- After careful cleaning, rinse all the equipment thoroughly under running water
NOTE: You can use a dishwater and clean all the equipment in it.
There are different methods of sterilisation you can choose from:
- Cold water sterilisation using sterilising tablets or liquid - Follow instruction manual
- Steam steriliser (quick and time saving) - Follow instruction manual
- Sterilisation by boiling - this involves submerging clean equipment in a container and boiling for 25 minutes