Are there any options within hospital birth?
How do I prepare for a hospital birth?
* Piece of mind and security that you will be in safe hands in case of an emergency.
* Modern and sophisticated equipment in hospitals can be life-saving for both you and your baby, if need arises.
* Modern facilities allow you to monitor baby more closely.
* All forms of pain relief are available (especially epidural which needs to be administered by an anaesthetic).
* Specialists are available and hence, expert advice and help is within reach.
* You get a chance to relax away from home.
* You get to meet other mothers and if you're lucky, you may meet friends from your antenatal classes (if they're in the hospital at the same time as you).
* You may feel a stranger in the hospital environment and may find the whole atmosphere a bit daunting.
* You will be unable to associate with one single doctor or midwife as everytime you visit the hospital
* You will be seen by different professionals available at that time.
* Sleep does not come easily in the maternity unit. Infact, it is a good idea to pack ear plugs in your hospital bag!