Nine Months :Sleep Time (Safety Tips)
- All sleeping equipment must conform to the legal
safety standard (like BS1753 for cots and BS3881 for
- The mattress should fit snugly so that the baby's
head or face can't be trapped in it.
- Do not use pillows, duvets and cot quilts for babies
under a year because of the risk of suffocation and
- Cot bumpers are not recommended under a year because
of the risk of suffocation and entanglement.
- The temperature in your baby's room should be 15-20
- Your baby should be put to sleep covered in layers of
blankets and sheets so that you can remove them as
- The baby should always be put to sleep in the
feet-to-foot position to
- Reduce the risk of cot
death by taking appropriate precautions.